Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The X'mas

First of all, I did not received coal for x'mas... I am the nice guy what...phew, lucky.

Second, I was drinking on x'mas eve with my dad, and after that I went to a local pub which is owned by my dad's friend (I didn't know that, I swear) and was drinking there until 2am and went to karaoke with my dad's friend's crew to a karaoke until 5am...poor me...well have to get some x'mas atmosphere and I met some interesting people there...

Third, woke up at 7am, and went back to bed and wake up at 8:45am because needed to go to KL for food with my dad at 9:30am. Reach Pavilion at 10:20am where there are many patrons already. So, did some window shopping because the thing over there is ridiculously expensive. Have some food at Jogoya restaurant at 11am although our reservation is 11:30am, but because they have turkey so I think it is a good deal. Have some sashimi, chinese food, tempura, turkey, cheese cake, mochi cake, Haagen Diaz ice cream and etc. which is very good, but compared to their track record, they can do better. Then return to Pavilion to shop for food, but my fresh lobster is not there, they sell frozen lobster, but I wanted something fresh... so I did not buy it. Bought some chocolates and a bottle of champagne for new year. My brother called me to have dinner where he is going to cook (the scary tunes started to play in my mind)... he asked me to get him some luncheon meat/ spam...hmmm... fried rice.

Fourth and lastly, the clock shows 7:15pm, I was at the old house... my brother showed me the ingredients of what he is going to prepare that day... hmm... broccoli, baby carrots, badly marinated chicken, frozen potatoes wedges, 2 boxes of left over rice, hot dogs and mayonnaise.
I was observing him cutting the broccoli, and frying the fries...it was scary... I told him, I will do the cooking... so I cut the broccoli and the baby carrot, mixed them up and put some hot water on them and quickly put them on ice water. I saw him frying the fries... wrong method again. I do it by myself again... and finally I shooed him off the kitchen and I cook the fries, cook the hot dogs, fried the chicken, make a tom yum soup and finally fried rice. And I make some cocktails and open up a champagne... a invited dinner becoming my own dinner party...hahaha, funny huh? Went to bed at 12:30 midnight.


No comments: