Saturday, September 01, 2007

An inspiring Poem that I always love to read


I am not trying to be religious here, or something, but it is good that there is always someone 'catching' you when you fall...the first time I read this poem was back in 1999, in USA.

"Footprints In The Sand"

AUTHOR UNKNOWN


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there was one only.

.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints,

so I said to the Lord,

.

"You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life,

there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?"

.

The Lord replied,

"The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child,

is when I carried you."

No comments: